"Construction of toilet Block for Salem Social Service Society Training Centre"
The overall project goal is to ensure Safe Sanitary Sustainability at SSSS Training Centre.
- Create a conducive environment for learning that will stimulate increased participation particularly among women.
- Prevent the spread of communicable diseases among people who utilize the service of the SSSS training centre.
- The project will use effective for the successful implementation of the project.
- Use formal biding system to select the least cost contractor for the construction of the toilet Blocks.
- Closely monitor the progress of the project implementation.
- Submit completion report to the donor agency based on the agreement.
Toilet Construction Major Activities:
The Major activity of the project is the construction of toilet Block with 8 toilet units (4 men + 4 women), 3 bath rooms (1 men + 2 women), 2 washing places (1 men + 1 women) and 6 wash Tubs (3 men + 3 women) with water points - with segregation for men and women. This will be accomplished as per the existing standards. Toilet Block will also include adequate lighting for safety and access at night.
Beneficiaries of the Project:
- Member of self Help Group (SHG)
- Salem Positive Peoples Network
- Field Animators
- NFE teachers
- SHG Animators of Mahalir Thittam (Government Project)
- Beneficiaries of Vazhndhu Kattuvom (Government Project)
- Representative and Beneficiaries of other NGOs
- Unemployed youth
Expected Outcome of the Project:
- Conducive environment for training.
- Enhanced Gender Equity in the Training Programmes
- 20000 People in a year utilizing the toilet Block
- Improved sanitary conditions
- Prevention of communicable Diseases.