DECENTRALIZATION PROJECT II
"To impart training on Panchayat Raj to 200 leaders of 40 Women and Agricultural labourer's groups in Tharamangalam and Idapady Unions in Salem District."
- To create political awareness among the women leaders.
- To disseminate knowledge on Panchayat Raj system.
- To enable the people to elect right candidates in the local body's elections / assembly elections.
- To educate the people about the roles and responsibilities of elected representatives.
- To eradicate female infanticide with the support of the Panchayat councils of the target unions.
- To enable the general public to use the powers of the Panchayat for their overall development.
- To spread the wave of political awareness among the villagers through women groups.
- 200 leaders of Women and Agricultural Labourer's groups have acquired knowledge about Panchayat Raj system of local self governance.
- The Leaders have gained greater political awareness to elect right candidates in the local body election and other general elections.
- The project beneficiaries have developed good rapport with the Panchayat council and they help Panchayat Councils to function effectively.
- The target beneficiaries have decided not succumb to Caste favoritism / monetary gifts / Material gifts offered by political parties during the elections.
- The leaders have been motivated to raise awareness in their areas regarding exercising their franchise.