DECENTRALIZATION PROJECT I
To create legal awareness to 250 Tribal Youth (150 boys and 100 Girls) in Yercaud Union of Salem district, Tamil Nadu, India.
- To protect Tribal girls from the violation of Women - Rights
- To enable the target villagers to be aware of Legal Aid, its principles and systems through the trained youth.
- To enable the target people to make use of the Law to resolve their personal and social issues such as wage disparity, low wage, Domestic violence etc.
- To enable the people to protect themselves from the exploitation in the Work places, / in the hands of High-caste people.
- To protect the Tribal youth from anti-social elements / disturbing Communal groups.
- To protect the tribal people from the unlawful interference of Forest / Police officials.
- Human Rights and application of Human Rights principles.
- Women and Child Rights and application of Child Right's principles.
- Labour Rights and their application in real life situations.
- Judicial Remedies and Procedures.
- Features, Procedures and application of RTI Act.
- Role and Responsibilities of Youth and Women in the promotion of Legal Aid.
- Legal Resource Centres and their functioning.
- 250 Tribal Youth were educated about Human Rights.
- The youth have become aware of RTI Act and its practical application in their lives.
- 100 Tribal girls gained knowledge on Women Rights.
- The 250 Tribal youth came to know about Labour Rights.
- The 250 Youth learnt the legal procedures for tackling wage issues, Violation of labour rights, Gender issues and Social issues.
- The target area and its people have gained access to Legal Resource Centres (Free Legal AID forums Human Rights Councils, Consumer Rights councils, Judicial Courts etc.)
- 250 have become promoters of Legal Awareness in the tribal villages.